Friday, July 11, 2008

Rodeo Sheridan

Hey Rodeo fans, its Rodeo Parade Day!

The Fourth of July has fireworks. The Rodeo gets the parade!

Priorities!

Sheridan celebrates Rodeo like no other place I've ever seen. Most everyone gets half a day off for the parade. Then they have to go back to work and try their hardest to get some work done befor all their weekend rodeo plans. This year my work, InterMountain Laboratories (heretofore known as IML), participated in the parade. Those of us that helped put the flaot together and walked or sat on the float got four hours paid off (as long as we wenet back to work and finished out shift).



Anywho, the wind blew and the heat wasn't too high. We nearly lost our fake trees (they kept getting blown over) and if it weren't for a kid or 2 in the tent we would have lost that, too! Our float was #109 of 116. Cars, boats, trucks, atv's, you see every kind of vehicle in our parade. Really exciting..

So, while Gabe, Jonathan and I were having fun on the float Robert and Kate took pictures of all the interesting and different floats before us. I'll spare you the details.. There were, however, some real live piggy banks from one of the banks here in town walking the parade route.

The end of the parade is always the best part. Since I had to get back to work, Gabe took some pix of the happenings.. The nearest Indian tribe comes down every year fir the rodeo. They participate in the parade and exebition sports like bareback horse racing and other assorted things. Always the highlight. After the parade they all gather in Grinnell Plaza right below Robert's office window and do some tribal dances. These are some of Gabe's photos, cleaned up a bit in PSE 6.0:



Pretty good job for a nine year old that I never let touch my camera! Guess I'll have to let him play everyonce in a while. Or maybe I'll just let him have my old canon...

No comments: