Saturday, July 5, 2008

Family Portraits

Yesterday was a pretty good day!

I had it all planned out. Kate and I would go shopping for a bit. Robert and the boys would get the back yard mowed and cleaned up while we were out. And they did it! The plan was to finally get current family pictures done. We haven't done family pictures since Jonathan was 9 months old!! Since Wally World doesn't have a professional I decided to take them myself!

I bought some matching Fourth of July shirts from wally world for the family, something I've never done but always wanted to do. My plan was to do family portraits in the back yard.

The only kink in my plan was Kate's hair. I had to do something with it. I brushed it.. I combed it.. but it needed more! I didn't want just a pony tail or two cause we do that all the time and it lasts maybe an hour before she pulls it out. So, I did the only thing a mom could do in my position--that position being a mom of 2 boys that don't need their hair fixed--I called my best friend, Marie, who has 3 girls with lots of thick curly hair. She would know what to do!

My fingers have never been able to figure out the french braid! Thanx, Marie!!!!

So, we all got dressed up and took the camera (Canon Rebel XTi) and tripod out to the terribly uneven backyard, set the timer and took bunches of pix! Here are the results of the photo shoot. Hope you like!



That was really fun. And I have to say I think I took some pretty good pix!
Here is the real one we will probably frame as our family portrait.



Thanx for looking!!
















More of the 4th to come later!

3 comments:

mE said...

Cute pics AAAA!

Hugs,
E.

Jessalee said...

I wish my kids would sit still long enough to take a family portrait. no such luck. I tell jack to smile and he gives a weird face. So cute. I love it.

Anonymous said...

How fun is that...I love it! We have matching shirts like that too! Great minds love walmart! hehehe