Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm So Sad!!

So there I was this morning, finished my swaps, got Kate to daycare, and myself to work (boys already off to school-they are great!!). My day was going swell at work, getting my "list o' stuff to get done so Sharron doesn't have to do it while I'm gone for a week" checked off, when my best friend Marie calls me.

I should have known this was coming. She told me both Saturday and Sunday that Dan had his interview for the job in Grand Junction, CO and was going to hear back from them today.

So, why did it totally blindside me when she called while I was adding 5ml of 1:1 HCL to some empty 1L amber glass jars, prepping them to be sent to clients, to tell me that Dan was offered and accepted the job?

Why am I having such a hard time accepting that my best friend is moving away while there is no chance that we will be following or going off on our own adventure?

I know that they are making the best choice for their family's well being. This was a decision long in the making with lots of prayer and thought involved. I really am truly happy for them and their opportunity. I will miss them more than I can imagine.

Maybe now Marie will sign up for gmail so we can gchat. :)

Oh, and another thing... my Vacuum broke!

2 comments:

mE said...

AAAAAAAAAAAa


I sowwy.

{{{HUGS}}}

E.

Anonymous said...

That's a bad day!! It's always sad when friends move away. And when vacuums break....