Monday, October 27, 2008

Swapping 4 Fun

I've been working on a swap for the last couple of weeks (or month)! I am finally finished!! The swap is a 2009 Calendar. I chose May and September.

I tried my hardest to come up with something spring-y for May, you know, pastels n such.. Well, I have this allergic reaction to pastels every time I try to do anything with them...I just CAN'T!! So, after wrestling with bright pinks and greens for 3 weeks, I chucked it all and started over. I used Close To My Hearts Let's Get Together (X7083B) paper pack with the Delight in Everything (D1204) stamp set, some pewter brads, and some Just Blooms died with Cranberry re-inker and ink pad. After completely changing the colors and papers I was using I pulled this together in about 15 minutes! I have to say that I love the result!! I hope you like it too!

September was a totally different story. I knew exactly what I was going to do before I ever picked it!! Weird.. Anyway, I used Sarsaparilla (X7098B) paper pack, Western Flourishes (C1307), Versamark pad (Z891), Dimensional Elements Flower Garden (Z1046), Black embossing powder, Liquid Glass, Create-a-Shade paint, Black Ink Pad, and Archival Black Re-Inker. All from Close To My Heart. Here is the result.

Hope you like!

Thanks to Gabe and Jonathan, who gave me thumbs up !!

3 comments:

kc_froglady said...

I love them and can't wait to get them back to see in RL :) Great job!

mE said...

YAYY!!!!!!

I can't wait to get one, too! Well, one of each, that is! LOL!

Love ya!

E.

Amaryllis said...

;)