Monday, January 19, 2009

This Just In!!

Gabe made the news! All because the meanest mommy in the world made him go to some crazy scout thing Saturday morning.

To hear Gabe, click on the 2nd arrow and turn your volume up!

From Sheridan Media.com January 19, 2009:

BOY SCOUTS PARTICIPATE IN IMPORTANT PATRIOTIC EVENT - On Saturday at Sheridan's City Hall, Boy Scout Troop 117 took part in an event to honor one of our Nation's flags, after it had lived out its purpose. The worn and tired flag that was previously flying above City Hall was retired by members of the Troop by burning it with dignity next to the building. Scout Master John Stopka explains why these ceremonies are important for the Troop.The old flag was replaced with a new one, which is now ready to live out its purpose, just like the one before it. Boy Scout Tim Lowman and Cub Scout Gabriel Briggs describe how the experience was for them.This was the first flag burning for most of the troop, but Stopka says there are still some flags that will need to be retired at the Scouts' summer camps this year.

I didn't take my camera, which means I didn't get any good pictures. The one on the website is all I have. So, here is a picture of Gabe pinning me when he earned his Wolf badge Last January.



I know, I need more photos of scouting stuff!! I'm so proud that Gabe enjoyed it and thought it was cool. Jonathan came too, but I think it was a little beyond him as he kept asking when it was "going to be over?" and "could we go home now?".

2 comments:

Jessalee said...

Meanest. Mom. Ever. ;)

mE said...

Awesome, Awesome AAAAA!!!

PS.. you have an award waitin' for you on my blog. :)

Hugs!
E