Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11

I started out the day writing a check for lunch money for the kids. Dating it 9/11 kind of set me aback as I tried to add in my little brain how long it had been since the attacks. My middle son, Jonathan is 7. He was born 5 months before.

So many things have happened in the last 7 years.

We moved to NY 7 months after the attacks. Everyone thought we were crazy.

I didn't know anyone who was personally affected by loss, but I lived in the state that was most affected. I am so glad I did. The pride New Yorkers have for their country and home state is overwhelming! I hope I still have that kind of love of country as long as I live.

I have a brother and at least one cousin serving in Iraq. Thank you!

To all who lost loved ones and everyone else that was touched by the tragedy, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

No comments: