Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break, Finally Over

...it could have taken the snow with it!

Last week was Spring Break.  We had 2 blizzards with a 40 degree day thrown in for kicks.  Glad our only plans were not foiled.  We had an amazing week planned.   Robert and I were going to go to work.  The kids were going to hang out with friends and sitters. homes.  Thank you friends and sitters!!!!

I canceled Cub Scouts 'cause it was Spring Break and nothing was going to ruin my plans, dang it!!  LOL! 

I had grand plans to go grocery shopping on Saturday but laziness won the day and it didn't happen.  I did, however, go with Nikki to Buffalo to take her daughter, Chelsey, to meet up with her dad for the weekend.   So glad she got home before the storm rolled in again!

I really should have gone shopping!

I got 4 phone calls last night telling me that school was canceled today. 

I received a call from the Snow Emergency Service - a first in the 5 years we've lived here!- telling me to not park on the Emergency Snow Route.  I don't even live on a Snow Route. 

This is what appears on the city web site:

Attention
A snow emergency has been declared until 6 PM tonight. 
Emergency travel only. 
No parking on emergency snow routes. 
Total snowfall of 10 to 18 inches expected with wind gusts up to 50 mph.
The City Snow Routes Emergency is in effect.
If you have vehicles parked in these routes,
you must move them immediately.
A SNOW EMERGENCY has been declared.
NO PARKING on City Snow Routes is allowed.

And from Sheridan Media:

More storms are anticipated throughout the week. We expect that clean up from the storms will take the rest of the week and the coming weekend.

I think I want to go just a little south of the Equator!  Salvador, Bahia, Brazil!     This is Salvador:

salvador beach

One of my best friends from Brazil lives in this area.  This beach is one of her favorite places.

This is the view out my back door:

IMG_1987 

This is out the front door:

IMG_1989

City Hall is closed.  Robert is home.  IML is not closed.  I should be at work.  But, there is no unnecessary travel right now.  No one is going out to sample today.  UPS and Fed EX can't get out in this weather.  We will not be getting samples from them.  My stuff can stay in the oven and bake another day...

The car can move now, so I'm going grocery shopping....Wal-Mart should be open, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh to put on a pair of boots and go sledding....or skiing, can you ski there? I know you are hating it but I would so welcome it right now!

Jessalee said...

Oh man... No thank you. You can keep Jack Frost in that part of the world. I want nothing to do with him and his little subzero world. BRRR!!! Again, it is only a cool 68 degrees in California. You should come here instead of Minnesota.

Amaryllis said...

I'll trade you today!! We are expecting more this week. Flood season will be upon us shortly!

mE said...

WOWZERS!!!!!

I want to go to Brazil...

Let's run away!

Instead, I have 1/2 of that amount of NEW FREAKIN COLD AND WET snow in my backyard...

What's up with mother nature?

Someone should kick her bootay.

Cept'n here in UT we're gonna need that moisture in our soil...

*Sigh*